Diese Seite drucken

Lorchhausen

Lorchhausen

english
english

The district of Lorchhausen, an old historical wine village, is located directly beside the city proper of Lorch parallel to the River Rhine. The many vineyards on steep slate slopes all around Lorchhausen illustrate that viticulture also plays an important role in this town of the Rheingau. Lorchhausen is the ideal start and end point of a hiking section, many loop trails run through the romantic landscape of the Middle Rhine Valley apart from the Rheinsteig and the Rheinburgen-Wanderweg.
St Clement’s Chapel (1909) surrounded by vineyards and the Parish Church of St Boniface (1875) are well worth seeing.
The fair (“Lorchhäuser Kerb”("funfair of Lorchhausen”) takes place each year on the first weekend of June.
Further information about the wine growers from Lorchhausen can be obtained here.
Further general information about Lorchhausen is available at: www.lorchhausen.de
Quelle: Kulturland Rheingau www.kulturland-rheingau.de